Thursday, November 13, 2014

Meme Scre@m!!





Have you ever stopped to realize that the phrase 'A picture is worth a thousand words', has never had truer meaning than what's seen in today's age. And yes, I'm talking about the not too recent internet craze, titled 'Meme's. I believe there's more than one way to pronounce that. But for those you who think you can get away with call it ' Mee Mee' , its more apt to call them 'Meems'. The original Greek term 'mimeme' meaning 'imitation' has turned into an internet sensation today, which includes the transmission of one's ideas in the form of humorous, timing quotes added to pictures that depict a similar expression. 

Meme's have been a source of communication in all walks of life. People who have no idea about the history of these humorous creations, still enjoy them  with endless chuckles and giggles. Meme's in nearly every language have brought people together to bond with their wordless humor. I took great pleasure in enjoying them when I was in my final two years of college. The Internet memes were just making their entrance into the nuance of society then and BOOM, there was a tenfold increase in pictures depicting how people were feeling without the use of words. With a wide range of categories from sarcasm to insults, popular movie quotes to defaming religion, memes explained them all in the form of colorful pixels. Let's take some of these classic texting examples. 


Candy Crush requester, here's the perfect meme for you : 



                                            


And trying to explain to your mother about some of those not-so-decent memes can be a pain, with them giving you the stink eye and accusing you of indulging in stuff that you're not supposed to. Because, face it, to your folks, you will always be the 10 year old crying out for them in the middle of the night. And let me tell you this, my mother did not find this funny when she texted me about how I did in my recent exams. 





But she did eventually learn to see the humor in the pictures that I regularly sent here, fails miserably in the meme wars that we hold from time to time and has more pictures of memes stored in her phone than I ever did. So depending on how you use your memes could help you get or lose a friend. Judicious use is what that's needed. Except when there's a meme war. That's when you bring your game on. 


So for now, this is me, Jabber Emi, signing off to find more meme's to laugh at and serious posts to destroy.

Till then, 



Fine -_- 

No comments:

Post a Comment